PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What kind of tune????

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What kind of tune????

I am almost done with my turbo set up and I am in the process of taking it to get tuned by a prof., but I have a couple of questions, keep in mind my car is a daily driver....I am planning to run a maximum of 8psi on my stock block with lq9 heads, when having fun, but would like to turn the boost down when driving around town as low as possible, I mean low..gas is not cheap.

What kind of tune should I get?
With or with out the maf???
SD?
Do I need any extra hardware beside boost controller?
a complete list would be nice...
trying to get this thing tune, no more upgrades for this car.. so I will not change the tune in the future.

car should be done in a couple of weeks....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please I beg u...
Old 05-29-2006, 10:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

still very few tunershops out there do 2 & 3 bar SD tunes so contact tuners in your area to see if they are capable of handling what you want & ask them what they are capable of & prefer doing.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

When it's done I'd put the car on a trailer and take it to the most competent tuner you can find.
You will need a custom tune for sure.

Many boosted guys prefer to get rid of the MAF and run SD for different reasons. A competent tuner can get you going either way you want it. I recomment not skimping or compromising on the tune though.

You stated that you wanted to get it done once and not worry about it again. That will require some time with the tuner, so I'd consider leaving the car with the tuner for a few days so all driving conditions such as cold-starts can be addressed. You'll be happier in the end.
I don't recommend shops because time = money and they do a lot of rush work. Just because they offer tuning services does not mean they are competent either.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

so there is no need for me to get anything else done besides the tune when I want to run different boost settings... like I said would like to run a low setting most of the time and High once in a while....what is my best option...
Old 05-31-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Depends. Go with what your tuner says.
If it was me, I'd say to use a custom OS and 2-bar map for OLSD mode, but that's just me. Your tuner may want to approach it totally different.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

so there is no way to run different setting of boost with out the tunning being off?
Old 06-03-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by white2001s10
I'd say to use a custom OS and 2-bar map for OLSD mode, but that's just me.
This way.