PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFILive suggestions for first scan?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFILive suggestions for first scan?

Just got EFILive and used it to get car ready for smog readiness test turned off EGR AIR rear O2 sensors and set up fans for 160 degree thermostat. All seems to have gone well no SES light or codes Although I don't have many mods yet I would like to get my car running it's best.I don't have a wideband yet that's my next purchase from Chad. In the meantime what do you suggest I scan for. Not quite sure I understand PIDs yet but reading just about anything I can get my hands on but no substitute for getting out there and trying.
Thanks
Old 05-30-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd start with these....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...4912479&conly= (see post at 1:50pm 5/30/06)

Then, start going through the tuning software. Look at how the tables are set up for things like VE, Spark, etc. You need to learn how to recreate these tables in the scanner charts (F11). There's a good .pdf write up that should be in the help section under tutorials to show you how to do that. The whole idea is once you know how to log for what you want to change, you can make informed decisions on how to change it and see results.

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 05-30-2006 at 02:26 PM.