Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ltft maxed out

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ltft maxed out

first my alternator went out on the interstate and i had to drive back to my shop on the battery, after i changed my alternator i ran efiscan and my bank 2 ltft was maxed out 25% and car kept dying, so investigated and found i had a hole in nitrous line between my noid and nozzle and figured it was sucking in air after my maf so i replaced that thinking that would correct the problem, well it had no effect, now the car will barely idle and stutters and backfire around 2000 rpm but wot "seems" ok but driving around town the car is horrible and it is drinking gas, i pulled 2 of the plugs and they seemed ok, i bought new o2's and will try that does anyone have any ideas what else it could be, i had new heads installed about 150 miles ago with new plugs installed then, car has 10500 miles 222/228 566/571 113lsa cam, ported tb, ported ls6 heads
Old 05-31-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Look at your O2s with EFI. Sounds like they may have taken a dump on ya
Old 05-31-2006, 10:52 PM
Teching In

they are switching but will driop to 0v a couple times, is this normal, also for a short time after reconnecting my battery my tach quit working but then i shut off my car and restarted it and it worked fine

Last edited by collum; 05-31-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check all of your spark plugs for fouling.
I'd unhook the battery again to clear everything and see what happens.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:43 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ok...to clear the pcm without removing the battery you can turn teh key on..remove pcm battery and pcm ignition fuses..wait 30 seconds...turn off key...wait 30 secnds..put back in fuses...that should reset your pcm..

second..it sounds like one of your 2's has taken a dive on you...
if you have EFI or HP Tuners or LS1 edit...you can temproarily disable closed loop fueling...eith by using bidirectional controls in HPT or EFI live or by setting yoru closed loop enable temps to 284
then see how it runs..if you still stumble then we can rule out bad o2's if your A/F has been set properly...by using either a wideband or previously using your LFTF/STFT data that you gathered before your issue...
either way your narrowbands are very innacurate and it should be checked with a wideband...

double check your plugs..make sure they are not fouled out and that the gap is still in teh correct range for your motor..
once you have done these things...report back with some findings..
Old 06-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Teching In

replaced o2's and problem fixed thanx for the help, seems the bank2 o2 was bad but i went ahead and replaced both. when i pulled them out bank2 had a wire broken, i'm suprised it did not throw a code, i reset the ltft w/ efilive and have been driving it all day on and off to relearn, seems like a new car

Quick Reply: ltft maxed out