Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird Problem??? Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 04:13 PM
10 second playa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weird Problem??? Help!!!

I had my car tuned with LS1 edit. (02 Z28 4L60E)
The car was running fine, then I bought a looser converter. After the install everything was fine but the shift points 1-2 & 2-3 were set too high for the new converter, so I went in to drop the shift points. Right after that, the car would pull out in second gear or wouldn't move at all. I would give the car a lot of gas and it would barely move? The tranny was all messed up.

Upon scanning the car with a TEC II it said two solenoids were trying to activate at the same time. It ends up the transmission file got corrupt?

So, I had to re-flash the computer to stock. Then I had to have the car re-tuned, so this time I went with HP Tuners and started from scratch. I ran the car at the track again, it ran fine but the 2-3 shift point was just a bit too high still. So I went in with HP tuners again to drop the shift point a hair. Well, I went to move/race the car and I am having the same exact problem again, but now the car won't even go in reverse?

What could be the problem? Some people I have asked think maybe the PCM is bad?
But then, why would it work after a fresh retune and only fail after I try to make a change with the shift points? I know this sounds quick and simple but this has set me back months and a bunch of money is on the table.

What do you think? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-10-2006, 12:04 PM
10 second playa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody else has had this problem or knows anybody that had this problem?