Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wont start, please help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car wont start, please help.

For the last few weeks, after starting the car and letting it run for a few minutes, and then going down the road, the car started to spit & sputter, with the SES light flashing, indicating a misfire, but it went away after a few miles, and ran fine until I took it home, and would do the same thing the next day, after sitting for the night.

Now after coming home from 5 days out on the road, I go to start the car, it suttered once, and then just kept turning over, with no more sputter, and just wont start up.

Car is a 01 SS, with a Wheel to Wheel 402, AFR heads, Fast 90mm, Nick Willliams 90mm TB, and SLP MAF.

The tune is off, as it was a rush job at the end of last year. I wanted to take the car in for a complete tune, but now cant get it to even start.

Any ideas on where to start?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Teching In

I Would First Start By Checking Fuel Pressure And Ignition Spark And Go From Their. How Many Miles Are On The Vehicle? SOUND LIKE A FUEL PROBLEM ETC. FUEL PUMP
Old 06-12-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Less than 1000 on the new motor, about 22000 on the car itself. I'm going to get a guage to check the fuel. What should that be at? 57-62 psi?