PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning?

Old 06-18-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning?

Okay so my last threadwas closed.....But I could see the prices id been looking it up but wasnt sure which one would be the MAIN difference between the standard and pro so I gues I shouldve re phrased my words.

But back on task guys Im HONESTLY!!!! trying to read and search alot of this stuf to find out. I even downloaded the demo and played with it for an hour or so and spent another hour reading the tutorial. And some of the stuff seems a bit over my head. Im not a tuning pro or anything but I do understand the basics to a motor. So my question is: is it really as hard as it looks? Or when I get the program and get squared away can I learn better bit by bit? Ive always been a hands on person thats why im in tech school and not a university. Im also having some trouble understanding the credits thing Say I tune my 1998 Camaro Z28 can I go down the street and just tune my buddys same year and model? What about going from 1998 to 2001? Does it limit the VIN's? Or the number of cars all together?

Sorry guys im really trying to search and all some things are over my head in writing and when someone breaks it down for me I understand. I have very bad ADD and it limits my reading comprehension I wish I could tune that . So please dont lock my post I just dont want to spend 700 bucks and not be able to use it.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

i don't know why people always ask "should I do this" or "is this too hard." The bottom line is you are the best judge of what your learning capabilities are. No one learns calculus before a little algebra, no one learns how to run before walking, and no one has it all figured out when starting to learn EFI tuning. So you've been searching for a few hours, good job. Is there a time limit you have to educate yourself? What takes one person a year to learn could take you a month (or vice versa), the real question you should be asking yourself, is will YOU and you alone make the money you spend worth it or not. The resources for reference are plentiful.

Think of it like deciding which tech school you wanted to go to. Would you have paid for it if you didn't think you could do it or didn't want to do it? Or are you paying for it b/c you want to learn the trade, b/c it interests you, even if you didn't know anything about it. Read the sticky at the top of this forum...
Old 06-18-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Regular

Well I do think I can do it. Sorry to get on everyones nerves. I was just wondering is it easier than it sounds? I mean obviously ive been searching for awhile I just dont like it when people come in claiming they searched when they havent. And also theres going to be LOTS more research and hours of time to "educate myself". And also I read all the stickies. It wasnt a big help for my questions.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS144
So my question is: is it really as hard as it looks? Or when I get the program and get squared away can I learn better bit by bit? Ive always been a hands on person thats why im in tech school and not a university.

What do you think.....

Im also having some trouble understanding the credits thing Say I tune my 1998 Camaro Z28 can I go down the street and just tune my buddys same year and model? What about going from 1998 to 2001? Does it limit the VIN's? Or the number of cars all together?

Think of credits as how many tokens does it take to play a video game. If you have 8 tokens and it costs 2 tokens to play each game, how many games can you play...
see above

Search this Thread