Sponsored by:

New to tuning...installing a turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New to tuning...installing a turbo

Hey everyone,
What I have going on is this. I have a 98 TA Vert and am in the process of installing a turbo system along with an intercooler. Obviously, this will require a tune. I have never done any tuning, but the car has a basic tune from Speedinc once I installed headers. I currently have an SES light but that has been an issue (on and off) since the speedinc tune. My question is this, it will cost me $550 to get a tune done once the turbo is installed, but I won't be able to even start the thing once I put the new injectors in. Should I put the $550 towards one of these tuning packages and tune this thing myself, then just do some dyno runs to tweak it or am I better off just towing the car to the shop and letting them do there thing? I have a tune from wait4me on my Avalanche so I could also use the program on it....98 year vehicles are free if I'm reading correctly, so I could use this on both vehicles for the price of one. So, what do you think is the best route? I'm interested in learning this but I don't want to blow up my car either....