Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Temp

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Temp

The other day I noticed that my car is backfiring above 4,000 rpm's. My mods are listed in my sig. I'm tuning my car with EFILive. When I scanned the car I noticed my engine coolant temp started at 30 degrees F at start up and never got above 110 degrees F after running for a while. This seems weird because it's 85 degrees outside. My first thought is to check the fans, neither of them were on so that's not the problem. Then I thought my thermostat might be stuck open, so I changed the thermostat, but the problem still persists. I also noticed that it takes about 15 minutes of idling time to get my car to switch over to closed loop, I assume this is happening because of the temperature issue. Does anybody know WTF is happpening with my car, it's really starting to **** me off. I also forgot to mention that I replaced the temperature sensor in the driver side head a couple weeks ago, and everything seems to be working fine up until now. The gauge in the gauge cluster reads the correct temperature.

Last edited by 98WhiteDevil; 07-02-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:07 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you got a stout car there with a stupid problem that is probably really simple it will be hard to find. I use EFI Live as well and have not run into that problem as of yet, but I will see if I can help you out on this man. The gauges will seem really innaccurate compared to the actual computer too.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:07 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will send this over to the PCM and Diagnostics section for ya man.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Teching In

First thing I would do is make sure your temperture of the motor is correct. You can do this by using a non-touch thermoguage.

Closed loop is temperture dependant. Thats why is it taking that long to go into CL.

Check the sensor you just put in, they are bad, even if they are new. Also check the connector.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

I figured out the problem, I had a cracked coolant temp sensor and a cracked spark plug. Problem solved, car runs awesome now.