PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPTuners, IAC, and high idling problem.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HPTuners, IAC, and high idling problem.

The first time I noticed a problem was in my friend's Cavalier. We tried adjusting his idle thru the scanner since it dropped while messing with other settings. The button was enabled on the GUI, but it never worked. His regular idle is fine: 900 RPM. He has a manual.

Later, days later, after working on my car (battery was unplugged), I noticed my idle never came back to normal (A4, 650 in P/N and 550 for R, D, 3, 2, 1). Everything's a few hundred RPM higher than it should be. I reflashed the same day I worked on it, but made only one change: MAF Fail Frequency from 0 to 13500 (or something). I tried adjusting it with the scanner but the idle never changes. My cylinder balance test has some error I can't remember, but says it needs the IAC. I never had any problems like this. It worked before the MPVI Pro cable upgrade and the software version 2.1.10 upgrade.

I would have only thought, and still think that my IAC's trashed, but why would the other car have the same problem of not being able to change the RPM in the scanner? Are Cavaliers just that different?

And, how do I check to see if it IS my IAC?

thanks