Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM connection

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default PCM connection

I am having a problem with the pcm wiring harness loosing connection at the right hand side of the blue connector. I have crossed out every possibility other than the fact that the connectors aren't tight enough. When installed normally, the coolant temp gage pegs on the hot side and the fuel pump relay cuts out. If I just slightly press on the connector the problem goes away. I can't tighten the hold down bolts any further. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?
Old 07-10-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Anyone replace the pcm connector before? Can the wires be removed?
Old 07-10-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pins come out of the harness easy wtihout any special tools. Is it a bad pin or the actual connector is bad. I have a few laying around sometimes if you need one but it would be a pain to replace
Old 07-11-2006, 08:43 AM
TECH Resident

I have checked all of the wires on the harness in the area that is shorting out. Everything is solid. All grounds are solid. I swapped PCMs and still had the same problem. The only thing I can think is that something about the connector is not letting it seat far enough.

If you look at the inside of the female pins (harness side) they have 2 bumps that make solid contact with the male pin. My car seems to act like the male pin is ending up just below the bumps. If you apply pressure to the connector, the problems go away. The connector appears to be good, but something about it must be keeping it from fully seating.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

No one has replaced a connector?