Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check engine light

ok i had a post on ls1.com but it looks like it just shut down all of the sudden. well my check engine light came on the other day after i degreased my engine. i cleaned it and then i drove to my freinds and it started to miss really bad, check engine light came on and stayed on but my car fixed itself and it drove fine (engine light still on). i went to his his house shut it off restarted and it ran like ****. drove it to auto zone started to run fine again. then ran my codes and i got p0152(x2) p0300(x2) p0650. now thats 02 sensers and a misfire but if i needed a tune up why would it run like **** only when i first start it and then fix it self and run fine from then on until i shut it off. or when it misses if i put it to the floor it doesnt miss. what could this problem be?

thanks for any help, Dan

by the way the car has a lid, filter, 90mm tb, weiand intake manifold, cam,slp longtubes,no cats and a flowmaster.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Teching In

bump. anyone?
Old 07-12-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

possibly, you have damaged the o2 sensor? Did you run the car while you was cleaning the engine?
Old 07-12-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

. P0152 o2 bank 2 sensor 1 high volts
You probably have noticed a huge decrease in fuel economy? This causes permanent open loop

sounds like it's a lazy O2 sensor or wiring issue

P0300 is occuring because you're car's not tuned to run open loop all the time (open loop is normally reserved for engine warmup and WOT)

DTC P0650 Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Control Circuit

That's weird... never seen that one before
http://www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic8985.php

Sounds like an internal short in the driver (in the PCM) ... PCM connector may have gotten wet also ... Disconnect PCM connectors and check if they're clean.

I would go through and disconnect any visible weatherproof connectors on the passenger side... water prolly seeped in and corroded the sensor a bit... if the pins look corroded clean them out

In the future be VERY careful w/engine degreaser or stuff like simple green ... it'll eat crap up but some of the crap you don't want eaten up lol .... Doubtful any permanent damage... probably just corroded connectors

In the future if you degrease/clean the engine again, I suggest covering all visible electrical connectors/components (though better to detail by hand rather than spray the entire engine bay... takes longer but your electronics will like you more)
Old 07-12-2006, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you got your passenger side 02 connection/extension connector if you have one, wet. P0650 is Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Control Circuit - (SES light circuit). You didn't get any water up around the PCM connectors did you?