PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator "Key Invalid" Error - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Predator "Key Invalid" Error - Help!

Hi all,

I have a predator, which I know is not the best tuning tool. After some initial headaches which included a fully locked up ECM and a 100% dead car... I got that worked out with Diablosport, got everything back up and running, and installed the tune and adjustments fine.

Cars been good for maybe 3 months.

Early this week I get a SES light, and use the predator to find out its the P1336 code - crankshaft position sensor learning lost. Do some more searching to find out it means a trip to the dealer.

My car is under GM extended warranty - so I want to return it back to stock. Go to try and do it, and I get a "Invalid Key" error each time. The predator IS TIED to my car. It has not been used on any others, it still shows the correct VIN.

After 35 minutes the diablosport tech told me to try pulling a bunch of fuses. I did but I still get the same errors. My battery is at 100%, brand new this fall, very strong, full charge.

Anyone been through this? I think I'm going to end up having to send the Predator and possibly my ECM back to Diablosport AGAIN. Plus I have this SES code, which seems to be something that comes up after programming. Totally sucks, and I want to stop wasting money and having a dead car.

Help?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine did the same, found a broke wire in the DLC connector, and try to unplugg the battery overnite to see if it resets it.