Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ltft\sftf easy question **correct answer worth to points***

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ltft\sftf easy question **correct answer worth to points***

ok if im in sd mode and tring to log my ltft's to correct my ve and my stft's are still not close to zero does this mean my car has not learned the fuel trims yet...

if so wouldent using the ltft histogram to modify my ve table provide for inaccurate changes

alos when looking to see if your ltfts are learned should i use the avg view or the last value

I WOULD ASSUME THAT UNLESS THE STFTS ARE 0 THE LTFTS ARE NOT FULLEY LEARNED AND THAT I SHOULD VIEW MY STFTS IN THE LAST VALUE MODE AS AN AVERAGE SEEMS MEANING LESS BUT IM NEW TO THIS AND WOULD LIKE SOME CONFERMATION ON THE ISSUE....
Old 07-15-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would just disable ltft learning, reset them to 0, and tune from the average stft's.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sum LTFT and STFT, and i've had very consistent results doing it. STFT's will never settle to zero, that's not even a pipe dream. Find a range in which your car oscillates in day-to-day, and leave it be, adjusting only when you make hardware changes, or you find variations outside of its usual range.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Ah... Well How Much Driving Is Required If Im Tuneing With Stft And Ltft
Old 07-16-2006, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is completely up to you. I've had a complete 'bonzai' driver populate the entire table for me in <10 mins downtown Chicago. Others will drive like panzies, take hours and complain about abusing their cars.
On average i'd say 20-30 mins if you know what to do, have no traffic/cops, etc. I like to have a set trip (same road so you compare conditions) that is about 45mins one way, then I drive, do my adjustment at the end, turn around and verify on the way back, correct when back home if necessary.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Junkie

ok and you basically take your histogram of your AVERAGE ltft and add them to your AVERAGE stft and apply the cumlative change to the ve table ?

also im in fl so the temps are hot does this matter ... as in should i try and do this at nite so its not 95 deg when tuneing my ve?
Old 07-16-2006, 10:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
ok and you basically take your histogram of your AVERAGE ltft and add them to your AVERAGE stft and apply the cumlative change to the ve table ?

also im in fl so the temps are hot does this matter ... as in should i try and do this at nite so its not 95 deg when tuneing my ve?
Tune it like you drive it. If you drive in hot weather most of the time then tune it during the same time period.