PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

2000 -> 2001 Conversion Process input request..

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006 | 05:11 PM
12 Second Club

Default 2000 -> 2001 Conversion Process input request..

I could use some input on a couple portions of the 2000 to 2001 OS conversion if anyone would care to comment.

I understand I need to copy all the values of the tables from my 2000 file to the corresponding tables in the 2001,
but some of the tables have different scales and completely different axes,
so I was hoping yall could comment on the ones I DID interpolate,
And potentially helpout with one that I have no idea how to interp.

1)

In the "Spark Control | Spark Advance | IAT Spark - Base" table I can't begin to guess how I would apply the values from my file to this one.
The tables look like this...

I kindof thought I could equate g/cyl to kPa but I'm not having luck figuring out how to make that conversion.
So I guess the question would be, could i just go with what the 2001 file has or is a conversion necessary?

2)

The "Spark Control | Spark Advance | General | Max Torque Timing Vs. RPM Vs. Cyl Air" table has inverted axes and a finer scale for the values.
So using some MS Excel trickery, I flipped the axes and had to do some value averaging to get the missing values.
For the row values, i just took the value above and below the said row value and averaged the two to get the result.
Here's the resulting graphs from 2000 and the result of flipping and interpolating into 2001..

I think they look pretty close, but the only reason im hesitant is HPT says not to adjust this table in the help file, but the values in these tables are significantly different.

I guess the question here would be, would that interpolation method (averages of adjacent values be suficient, or would a more complex adjustment be recommended?

I'm gonna attach the excel file I used to interpolate the values for this an a couple other tables (Idle Airflow vs. Coolant Temp vs. (Gear & PN) & Idle Startup Friction Airflow Initial vs. ECT) that didn't have the same scale
in case that helps.

I know this is a long post, and it would require a bit of effort looking at the pics and attachments to asnwer any ?'s, but the only info I've seen on this conversion kind of vague and say its a pretty simple convert.
I'm just a little hesitant when I see some what look like major differences.

Thanks for any input folks.
DJ
Old 07-30-2006 | 06:37 PM
TECH Junkie

i wouldnt worry too much about those tables unless you really want them in there...fwiw i have mine zeroed out
Old 08-01-2006 | 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the input Orange.

I wanted to give it a day on page 1 before I replied to bump it.
Id' like some more input from others, just cause more is better, but if your running with them 0'd out, I suppose I should be safe with some close guesswork.

Thanks again,
DJ