Sponsored by:

SES Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 07:00 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Default SES Help

Hey everyone,

I'm having serious issues with my 2000 F-body.

SYMPTOMS:
Car starts fine, idles clean for a few minutes then begins sputtering. It will usually idle at about 500-600 RPM within minutes. Under load the car acts as if there is a potato is in the exhaust. Sever sputtering, loss of power, just plain bad Juju. Once driven for a few minutes, the car just about reaches operating temp and all is normal. No misfire, no sputtering, nothing. This all started when it rained really bad and I had to drive through deep water, twice.

ACTIONS TAKEN:
I had noticed that the bolts on my passenger side header (Pacesetters) had backed off and cause the paper gasket to crumble and fall apart. I replaced the gasket, removed the EGR and AIR systems, and blocked off the connections to the headers with a block off plate I made from 1/4 in aluminum. Problem still persists.

The PCV hose that connects to the intake looked rotted so I sprayed it with brake cleaner while running and it had no noticeable effect.

DTC:
Autozone ran my OBD system and got a PO300 code (random misfire), along with an EGR code and an O2 sensor code.

OTHER INFO:
Modifications include Longtube headers, MTI lid, Fernco mod, TNT F2 N2O kit, MGK TR6's. The car has been open headers for a week or two, if that has any significance.

This is one of a few significant problems that are going on right now and if anybody could really help me, I would be forever grateful.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:55 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Nobody? Any guesses? I'm thinking it's something ignition related because when I shut the car off, then start the car again, it quits. I just don't really know where to start as far as diagnosis goes. If someone could at least get me in the right direction...
Old 08-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds similiar to the problem I am having with mine. I made a post under fuel etc...and no one really responded to my post either...I'm still having the same issue with mine as well...
Old 08-03-2006, 06:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

replace your o2 sensors.