Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will It Affect The Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will It Affect The Tune?

I have a 98 Camaro Z28 with a cam,LS6 intake, SLP LID, Smooth Bellows.
My question is my car is already tune for my set up. But I want to de-screen my MAF and install MAF ends on my car. Will it affect the tune? Will it affect it very little or not at all? Do I need to retune it after the MAF ends and descreen install? Please help. Thanks. Your sugesstion will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by IVRedZ28LS1
I have a 98 Camaro Z28 with a cam,LS6 intake, SLP LID, Smooth Bellows.
My question is my car is already tune for my set up. But I want to de-screen my MAF and install MAF ends on my car. Will it affect the tune? Will it affect it very little or not at all? Do I need to retune it after the MAF ends and descreen install? Please help. Thanks. Your sugesstion will be greatly appreciated.
Leave your maf alone. You will not gain anything, it will cause you headaches down the road.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

All I want to do is install MAF Ends on my car. I have heard from my friend that have LS1 that they have descreen there MAF's and installed billet MAF ends. That there car is different. There cars pulls alot harder. It is a night and day difference. I personally think your just letting it breath better when you descreen your MAF. RIGHT?
Old 08-02-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

not worth the 1 hp increase,your mass air will never be as accurate again.If someone picks up a ton of power then the tune was never good in the first place.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

Listen to these guys. If you tamper with your MAF, you'll regret it. If you want a change, run a Speed Density tune, and eliminate the MAF completely.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Regular

Stay with the stocker and tune the AFR correctly... the maf ends are just a crutch for a rich condition, which tricks the pcm into running leaner.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The gain they would have seen was from a leaner or unaccurate fuel mixture. Like the others are saying, just leave it alone. If the tuner did a good job on your application, your air fuel ratio should be right on so if you go screwing with it, will cause you issues for sure.