Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Main ve table or backup?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Main ve table or backup?

so i have been doing the tutorial and i have a 2000 camaro ls1, it says for 99-2000 you need to use the backup vetable not the main one when you are correcting it...why is this? does the car not run off the main table? why do i change the back up and not the main table? why are there 2?
Old 08-04-2006, 07:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

When the vehicle detects a MAF fault and puts the car in SD mode (using the VE table).. if your calibration is equipped with a secondary VE table, it will be using this VE table when in SD mode.

If you apply any of our SD VCM Enhancements, this issue is fixed for vehicles with a secondary VE table.

Also, in factory GM SD, it will also use the low octane spark table. In our SD VCM Enhancements, in SD it will use both the high octane and low octane as normal.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by markp03
so i have been doing the tutorial and i have a 2000 camaro ls1, it says for 99-2000 you need to use the backup vetable not the main one when you are correcting it...why is this? does the car not run off the main table? why do i change the back up and not the main table? why are there 2?

You should apply the changes to both tables while you are tuning. By doing this, should you decide to return to MAF operation, your primary VE will be dialed in.

Quick Reply: Main ve table or backup?