Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can predator edit an HP Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can predator edit an HP Tune?

Since there is often a propensity for torpedoing the new guy with "use the search," I have already done that. But I didn't find anything, and I'm not sure what exactly to search for anyway.

Ok, I used to have a "custom" tune in my predator from RWTD. It was ok as a bandaid, but I had been getting a lot of part throttle knock. Finally bit the bullet and got Real Performance Motorsports in Lewisville, TX to dyno tune the car with HP Tuners (great bunch of folks up there, by the way).

So I have 2 questions:

1 - Since the predator can save a tune, I believe I should be able to save the RPM tune in the predator so if the PCM takes a crap on me I can reload the tune without have to drive 3 hours to RPM. Yes/no?

2 - Can I still change simple things in the tune like fan settings and tire sizes without throwing the HP Tune off? I would think yes.

Thanks for the help. Sorry if it's been asked before.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

To answer your questions, 1. No 2. No. Sorry, but the predator will only save a factory tune as a backup. Dont even try it or you could hurt have issues.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:48 PM
12 Second Club

Hmm...I thought the predator just saved whatever the PCM is showing at the time. Have any first hand experience with what kind of "issues" might arise by doing this?
Old 08-22-2006, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Just take my word for it, don't try it! Chances are the predator wont even communicate with your PCM as soon as it realizes it has a non-stock tune.