Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TUNING ISSUES...Could it be this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Johnsonville, SC; but orginally from GAINESVILLE, FL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TUNING ISSUES...Could it be this?

I have been fighting to get a tune doen correctly on my car for months. I have paid an unbelieveable amount of money as well as making two round trips down to the tuner (7.5 hours one way) and still nothing. I had a local guy work with my tune and it is better, but not the way it should be.

Could it be...

- The heads I have on my car are a set of CNC'd LS6 heads (stage 1) from livernois. I am not sure these heads are bench tested or not. Could these be throwing things off?

- I am running SLP LTs, no cats, the SLP 3" h-pipe and the SLP LMs. Could the lack of back pressure be throwing things off?

I really don't think my cam is the issue, I have ran cam only LS1 cars in the past and the tune was fine. However, I will list the cam, it is a 232/236 .575/.578 113+2 LSA. I am running this in an A4 car. Could the cam be a bit to big for a DD?

The car is surging alot, stalling after start up, today it felt like it wanted to stall while driving at slow speeds and did once.

Appreciate the help.

Micah
Old 09-04-2006, 05:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

If the car has always been running that way then its the tune. If it just started running that way then something is wrong, like maybe a bad O2 sensor, dirty maf, exhaust leak or something similar. The slp shorty headers are some of the worst headers I have ever seen. I would also check the wiring since with those headers your starter wires run through them, may have a grounding wire. You have a very mild setup in todays standards of large cams even for a daily driver. Good luck.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Johnsonville, SC; but orginally from GAINESVILLE, FL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by minytrker
If the car has always been running that way then its the tune. If it just started running that way then something is wrong, like maybe a bad O2 sensor, dirty maf, exhaust leak or something similar. The slp shorty headers are some of the worst headers I have ever seen. I would also check the wiring since with those headers your starter wires run through them, may have a grounding wire. You have a very mild setup in todays standards of large cams even for a daily driver. Good luck.
Since day two of my first tune, the car has been running the way it has. I am probably going to look into a new header setup after this Chief Transistion.