Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power increase from a dynotune?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power increase from a dynotune?

I have an lt1 camaro a4 with a hiflo cat, flowmaster muffler, soon mods are hooker supercompetion headers, cutout, k and n intake, throttle body bypass, airfoil, 180 degree thermastat, and possibly a dynotune. I know i can up my shiftpoints to 6200, and turn my fans on early, but will there really be a substantial horsepower increase? Is it worth $300? i was going for 300rwhp from this setup, is that possible? also wondering what size injectors come stock in my 93 z, and what size i should get if i wanted to run nitrous?
Old 09-11-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, from personal experience I picked up 10 rwhp (363-373) from a dyno tune and was able to sort out some tranny problems (shift points etc.). Bear in mind that I have tuning software and had made some changes myself prior to getting tuned, so the results may have been greater without any changes prior. I would say go for it! You'll spend more money on a lot of other parts that won't net those results.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Teching In

with headers and slp loud mouth the dyno shows a 46 hp gane on my 99ls1.....it was werth cuz the firs run before any tuning it only shoed 31hp increase..........thats close to 15 hp........