Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Shudder --> ABS INOP

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Brake Shudder --> ABS INOP

Out of nowhere this just started happening. I left my house one day and came to the first stop and it shuddered as I came to a stop like I was sliding on snow and the ABS was trying to compensate. I thought it was weird and kept on goin, did it again at the next light except this time it threw the ABS INOP on and it just stayed on the rest of the time. I thought it was just a random problem but that ABS light comes on and stays on more and more now. It doesn't always happen, but I'd like to know what's going on. I haven't switched wheels or done anything suspension-wise. Could it be a wheel speed sensor, need new brakes, etc. or is something fubar'ed with my ABS system?
Old 09-19-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's common to think that something is hosed in the ABS and you will never be able to fix it. Usually it is something with the external components. Check the vac hose from the intake to the brake booster. Check for low brake fluid in the master cyl? Pull the wheels check brake pads, sensors. Look for leaking brake line. Something probably fell apart.