PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New battery and now it runs funky.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New battery and now it runs funky.

Ok I searched quite a bit and turned up some to little info. So it's normal for the car to run weird a lil after a new battery. But the passenger side window is still acting up. Been about 40miles and the passenger window goes up about half way then stops sometimes.

Also with the old battery it was quite a bit over the 13V mark. Where as with this one is barley over the mark.

Thoughts?
Old 09-30-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a whole lot to run off of but maybe you have a weak alternator. Did you have it tested before you got the battery?
Old 09-30-2006, 07:33 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you disconnect the battery, it will clear the pcm and will have start relearning all over again. Give it a little drive time and she'll be back to normal in no time. That's perfectly normal.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

and...It's probably time to replace your passenger window motor. That's usually what happens when they start to go out.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CW00BlackTA
and...It's probably time to replace your passenger window motor. That's usually what happens when they start to go out.
Dam, just weird that it started right after the battery change.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:13 PM
11 Second Club

Not sure of this is the case with yours, but if you replaced a stock AC Delco battery, they have been known to leak acid and corrode the positive cable terminal and the cable itself, that could cause a voltage drop, when I worked at the Chevy dealer it was very common in all GM vehicles for battery acid leaks and related problems to the cable. My guess is if this were the problem you would have seen it when replacing the battery, however it is amazing how a little bit of corrosion at the terminal can cause problems. If they look a little dirty or green just get some acid and corrosion cleaner from the parts store disconnect the cables, clean and reinstall. May help, may not.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=efizjb]Not sure of this is the case with yours, but if you replaced a stock AC Delco battery, they have been known to leak acid and corrode the positive cable terminal and the cable itself, that <snip snip> also to warn/let you guys know on another note that I believe there is that line that runs from your radiator to your coolant bottle. This my friends ate through the line and I didnt figure it out until I change my battery to the Optima Yellow. For about a year now I couldnt figure out where the h3ll I was losing water! Cracked head? nope, radiator needing changing? nope, so I had to semi-ignore it and check my water every week or a few days. Glad I finally found what the culprit was. Sorry to be a little off topic and not meaning to hijack the thread but it was just some info for you guys in case you have the same problem of losing water and cant find where it's coming from even after you checked the radiator.