PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

What else to look for?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006 | 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

Default What else to look for?

Ok, I've got my friend's '99 SS (Patriot Stg II LS6 heads/Torquer V.2 cam/supporting bolt-ons) dialed in pretty good on AFR (12.3@peak_tq~12.8@peak_hp) and timing (25*@peak_tq~29*@peak_hp). Only have a little burst knock issue to work out. However, it doesn't seem to be making the power it should be...or at least running the times it should be. At the track, he only trapped a best of 110mph with a best ET of 12.34. This was on DR's with 1.7 60' times at roughly 900' above sea level. The air was in the 60's~70's and virtually perfect. And on the dyno a while back, it only put down ~380rwhp with the converter locked up. What gives? I've been through almost every table in this tune and can't find what's holding him back.

The only thing I can think of is it's got to be mechanically related. The car is still running the stock 3.23's with a 3500 TCI converter and probably weighs in at 3700lbs with the driver. It leaves the line like a bat outta hell, 7.8's in the 1/8th, but seems to fall on it's face the 2nd half of the track. It does spend a bit of time in 2nd. I don't think he hits 3rd until just before the 1000' mark.

Another thing that's kind of odd is my other friend's '00 T/A (vert) has the same cam with stock heads and runs the same time. I feel like I'm missing something, but can't figure it out. Any ideas would be highly appreciated!!!

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 10-02-2006 at 01:40 PM.