PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

LT4 PCM Question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006 | 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default LT4 PCM Question?

Hey guys,
My dad just picked up a LT4 engine that was in Katrina. The engine is being rebuilt, but the pcm had water in it. When he opened it up, the salt had covered it with a residue. He cleaned it all off but was wondering if it is possible to have them checked to see if they are okay. How would we go about doing this?

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-31-2006 | 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bueller, Bueller???
Old 10-31-2006 | 06:14 PM
On The Tree

I don't know how you would going about testing it, but LT1 and LT4 pcms interchange, so even if it doesn't work, it wouldn't be that hard to find a replacement.
Old 10-31-2006 | 06:46 PM
On The Tree

If the board was rinsed off with a lot of distilled water, sprayed with a good amount of "contact cleaner" or "electronic cleaner" and dried out, there's a very, very good chance it will be fine. I would go ahead and test it by plugging it in and trying to fire the engine, all the external circuitry should be well fused, so worst case would be some blown fuses, smoked PCM and the search for a replacement. If the engine doesn't run right away check the ignition coil and injectors to see if they are getting warm to the touch, if any of them are, the PCM is screwed, shut it down before the injectors or coil goes from warm to hot...