Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TunerCat Probs + Others

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TunerCat Probs + Others

Well Im guessing it's wires probs but after going over the car 100 times checking for bad grounds. Even added 3 grounds to the car.

But anyways I am new to the tuning part. I have TC and Datamaster. When im logging, im loosing connection every 10 sec. Im also recording 128MPH at Idle. Also throwing about 10-15 diferent codes at differnet time. Mostly 43 & 48.
Also not exactly sure how to work with TunerCat but it wont read the PCM. Any tips what do I need to do?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year car? I assume 94-95? What interface?

Turning down the data sample rate might help with your datamaster problem.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:28 PM
The know it all's know it all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by asudecat
Well Im guessing it's wires probs but after going over the car 100 times checking for bad grounds. Even added 3 grounds to the car.

But anyways I am new to the tuning part. I have TC and Datamaster. When im logging, im loosing connection every 10 sec. Im also recording 128MPH at Idle. Also throwing about 10-15 diferent codes at differnet time. Mostly 43 & 48.
Also not exactly sure how to work with TunerCat but it wont read the PCM. Any tips what do I need to do?

I think i know what happened here. You are working on a 94-95 just by the code your getting i know that much. Did you use the correct Definition file for you pcm when you editied it then flashed it back in? there is EE and EEB and some of the data areas get mixed up when using the wrong def file.. if not you could be having a crap load of file related errors. Email me a copy of the file you modified i will check it over for you. If its the wrong file or corupted i can email you a fresh starting copy. collinsautomotive@sbcglobal.net Also try emailing tunercat as well. they should have those files on hand.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Regular

I'm using this cable and im guess it's the wrong one?
I have a 96 formula converted to a OBD1 out of either a 94 or 95 camaro.
http://www.aldlcable.com/sc/details.asp?item=aldlobd2u
Old 11-10-2006, 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

WOuld being a 93 PCM cause me problems?
also BCM problems??