Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

several fuel/evap codes

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default several fuel/evap codes

I've had 2 codes ever since I swapped PCM's... I don't know why the fuel gauge doesn't work with the new PCM but it works fine if I swap it back to the old one.

P0461 - Fuel Level Sensor Performance (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
P0463 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)

These three codes have been in the computer for about a week. I've only driven the car twice since they've come on. and the second time my fuel pump stopped working.

P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected (SES) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
P0446 - EVAP Vent Solenoid Valve Control System (SES) (Old) (History)(Current) (Immature)
P0452 - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Immature)

Are all of these codes related? Think if I just replace my pump and fuel sender it'll all go away? I'm guessing the engine misfire is because my pump went out. I was driving on the interstate and the car started misfiring like crazy, it took 2 minutes for the pump to go from fine to INOP. Or do you think it's my harness somewhere? I put the old PCM back in and the same problems existed so I'm sure it's not that.

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2006, 09:31 AM
10 Second Club

Dumb question; but did you swap in a 98 PCM or 99-up?
Old 11-11-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

lol I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago. But they both look exactly the same and have the same part numbers on them. I was also told it was a 98 when I bought it so I'm pretty sure it's a 98