PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on AutoVe Tuning Tutorial (EFIlive)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have successfully flashed the 2002 OS and my tune.

I started the Auto VE this afternoon and have a question about the VE table itself.

In regards to the percentages in the main VE table..... the higher the value to more fuel the PCM will give the engine and the lower the less fuel.... correct? Or am I off base here?

I understand what the VE table is, but am not sure on how it interacts with the PCM for the final outcome at the engine.

...and yes, I am going to Just wanted to ask here first.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

R/

Frat
Old 12-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Correct on VE Table. Higher values will add fuel, lower will reduce.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:37 PM
TECH Resident

Cool. I thought thats what it was doing.

I took the car out for a spin this afternoon in OLSD and noticed my WBO2 readings where off between my LM1 and EFIlive so I do not trust my logged data. Stopping for traffic was a PITA 'cause she did not want to hold an idle.

Gonna try again tomorrow and am really looking forward to getting down and dirty.

R/

Frat
Old 12-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

I'd just like to mention one thing before you get too far (may be repeating others but don't want to read the entire thread).

If you are using a version 3 EFILive Custom Operating System which has the B3647 OL fuel table then the value of the table (apart from the enriched areas) needs to be something other than 14.63:1 (if using AFR units), or 1.00 (if using EQ units). I think the tutorial suggests 14.7:1 which I think is about 0.995 EQ which is fine.

The reason for this is that version 3 Custom OS has what we call Semi-Open Loop mode which is active when the commanded AFR is effectively 14.63:1. In this mode the O2 sensors will trim fuel even though you are (or think you are) in Open Loop. The effect when tuning is obviously this: If in Semi-Open Loop and we assume that a cell in the VE table is actually accurate (validated with a WBO2) if you were to add say 2% to the V2 I would expect the trim to remove 2% and you would still be seeing the same AFR out the exhaust.

You can see how this might get confusing
Old 12-30-2006, 06:34 AM
TECH Resident

Confusing is putting it mildly..... I am finding it necessary to triple check my work.

I am still using the 2002 OS for now and want to get my feet wet with that, then I will try COS 3. It may be "re-work" in the end, but it will allow me to get more comfortable with my tuning abilities.

My goal for today is to get my LM1 corrected. I am using the Innovate programed parameters ( 1v=10AFR; 2v=20AFR). I remember reading somewhere that I can use the PLX pids and program the LM1 for 0v=10AFR , 1v=12AFR, ect. I may try that as well.

Its still a little too early in the morning to start.

I did, however make a note of your feedback for future reference. Thanks again.

R/

Frat
Old 12-30-2006, 08:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Just take your time. There's a lot to get your hands around when you're first starting out. Soon enough, the pieces will fit.

Quick Reply: Question on AutoVe Tuning Tutorial (EFIlive)