Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, No state!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, No state!!!!

Just recently had some work done on my 98 Tran Am at well known houston area Shop to the tune of about three grand. Part of the work I had done was a dyno tune where they tuned out some check engine codes (no cats, etc). My problem is that now I cant get it to state at all. It wont complete the
readiness tests for about 6 system (cats, o2s, air inj, etc). I have put about four hundred miles on it so it should be good to go. I assume it is a tuning issue, but I dont honestly know. I have called the shop and emailed to no avail, they either dont respond or say they have no clue. I talked to them a week and a half ago and they said they would call me back (still no call). When I call now they dont even anwser. The shop is a site sponsor and I am trying not to bash them, but even outside of the poor customer svc I am not to pleased with the shop at this point. I will probably end up just driving back to the shop but its about a four hour round trip if the traffic is good and ive already made it several times for tuning related issues. Im pushing my luck driving back and forth with an expired inspection, and the way these guys talk they cant even fix it if I do take it back. What do you guys suggest?
Old 12-28-2006, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to send me your PCM, I'll fix the issues free. Just pay for shipping to and from.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Is it just an easy adjustment like I am thinking it is? I had heard that it was necessary to set all the readiness tests to complete when deleting the codes, but when I explained that to the guy on the phone he had no clue what I was talking about.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Junkie

I'd look else where if he doesn't know how to make them complete instantly. I can't go into detail on how to fix the problem.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Teching In

PM sent.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks Replied.