Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring issues

i was having a problem with the wideband reading differently then the maftpro- they problem is that the maftpro recieves its feed from the wideband directly so it made no sence as to why they would read different- so i recallibrated my wideband to position 1-

then i tapped the ground and power for the wideband off of the TPRO harness- only thing is that when i tap'd the power wire for the maftpro the truck would turn on then sputter and die, and with just the ignition key turned into the on position (engine not running) it would do its normal thing where it turns the guages and fuel pump on and the turns off and sit for 3 or 4 seconds and then turn the fuel pump back on, the tach would just go all way to redline and sit there and all the guages would kinda go haywire....

when i disconnected the power wire it stopped doing all that stupid stuff and ran fine

anyone know why this would happen-

sorry kinda noob @ knowing about electrical problems
Old 01-08-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i moved the power source to another 12volt key'd ignition, works fine and turns on and everything

BUT now but it still reads 15.2+ @ idle when it should be @ stoich (14.7) i think my sensor could be wrong im gonna order one tommorow..... anyone know how to recalibrate this thing. i did as the instructions said but that just adjusts the voltage output of the thing not actually resets the unit