PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does the roadrunner/EFIlive have a good forced induction tuning setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was a die hard HPTuners supporter for a long time. I cam from the Fast and DFI game back in the Ford days. HPTuners offers a nice software with the ability to make Real Time changes on several Tables.

I switched from HPTuners to a EFI Live/RR setup.

I got the opprotunity to test out a EFI Live/RR setup on a friends car. I really like being able to tune in Real Time on all tables. I liked that I could turn the car off after a change was made and grab a bite to eat and come back and start where I left off. No need to write a calibration or copy and paste tables.

With that being said I can comment from the stand point that I have used both systems. HPTuners offers a good product. I will more than handle your tunning needs.

EFI Live/RR is IMO a bteer set up for me. Now with the Closed loop fueling correction I am even more convinced I made the right decision in the swap to the EFI Live/RR setup.

Its all up to the end user.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guys, stop the bickering now, HPT has given info on their software (which I can see as justified since HP Tuners was mentioned as the other alternative), however this thread is more focused towards EFI Live Road Runner, having said that remainder of this thread should be about EFI and RR
Old 01-14-2007, 09:51 PM
7 Second Club

i will also say that the COS xxx03 (i think thats it) is nice.... this is the first FI car i've tuned and the auto VE tune is saweeet! its soo easy and soo fast with the EFI and RR.. I love mine and wish i got it sooner...
Old 01-14-2007, 10:05 PM
12 Second Club

I bought me EFILive from Jesse at wait4me in spring and I couldnt be happier with the customer support from Jesse,his wife and everyone on the message board. I got the chance to use HPT a few weeks ago,and it made me really appreciate my purchase of EFILive even more.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:30 AM
10 Second Club

I am a professional tuning shop that tunes hundreds of forced induction LS1's , I had LS1edit , I had HPTUNERS and I know use EFILIVE and the Road Runner exclusively , the other tuning packages are stored in the bottom of my toolbox now.

No more locked up PCM's from edit , no more locked up PCM's from RTT.

The custom OS that EFILIVE supplies free is awesome , it does more than I could ever have asked for , gives me total control and we have never lost a customers enginedue to tuning issues unlike some competeters that do it regularly.

The Road Runner is just awesome the way I can manipulate every single table to get the best tune possible , no switching off the vehicle , no copy and pasting when I am done , bluetooth hookup so no cables going into the engine bay. makes setting up the idle and auto trans shifts a breeze.

The HPT stuff used to get the job done when we had no other choice , now we have choices and I couldnt be happier with the choices I have made as I can now do my job more effectively to give the customer a better tune.

Backup and support is great , the dont bitch and moan about how great they are , they just get on with the job and do it properly.

It was the scanner origianally that got me converted in the LS1edit days , and it is stll the best scanning tool on the market bar none , the tuning software is just icing on the cake.

My own forced induction car has completed 60000 trouble free kms now as a everydat driver and racer , done 1400+ passes on my dyno and returns 14l/100kms average on a combo that makes 650rwhp all day everyday.

I couldnt be happier with my decisions.

I have heard of lots of people who have taken the same route as me with software , I have never heard of one that has stopped using EFILIVE in favour of HPT on a LS1

So I would say YES , efilive has a effective tuning solution for your forced induction vehicle

Last edited by Tomcat; 01-15-2007 at 02:41 AM.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much is the efi/rr. is it 500 for each, so a total of s thousand?
Old 01-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

The minimum you'll be looking at is $1047, which includes:
- FlashScan V1 Scan Tool
- EFILive Realtime License
- RoadRunner

For the FlashScan V1 Scan and Tune package, $1347:
- FlashScan V1 Commercial
- EFILive Realtime License
- RoadRunner

If you want the functionality of the FlashScan V2 hardware you'll be looking at $1197 for the Scan Tool version, or $1547 for the Scan and Tune package.

In all cases you need a WBO2 controller also...

Check with the resellers as there are some packages available...

Last edited by Tordne; 01-16-2007 at 02:32 PM.

Quick Reply: does the roadrunner/EFIlive have a good forced induction tuning setup?