Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 bar question? help plz

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 bar question? help plz

Im installing a Devils Own Meth kit on my car as we speak. It came with a 2 bar map sensor.(I hope that's what it is) It is the large body one. So do I need to hook it up to the original wiring or splice in the wiring that they gave me? It is three wires grey, green, and black. And i just take the vacumm pipe off the intake back there and just hook it up to the 2 bar correct? I know these are stupid question but I have no idea about this really other than what i have read and pieced together myself.

Thanks Alot,
Jimmy
Old 01-19-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this the brick looking one? If so, you will need to modify the MAP sensor's connection. It has pags inside that allow only specific connectors to mate up to it, you will need to remove those pegs to connect the OEM harness to it. You will then have to leave the stock MAP sensor plugged into the intake to avoid any leaks.

Or you can just get a Cobalt SS 2-BAR MAP sensor and R&R the stock one with the Cobalt SS one. It will plug and play into your OEM harness with out modification. Although for both MAP sensors you will need a custom 2-BAR OS.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, I know im gonna have to have the 2 bar tune or whatever. My car has been sitting for a month now and this is the last thing I gotta do to it to get it ready for a tune! Thanks for your advise. I guess I will just by that cobalt one I already called about it, it like a 100 dollars.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Coal Mining Director

Generally, a meth kit map sensor is used to activate the meth only....not run the pcm.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I know that, but I also wanna be able to show boost on my boost gauge so I had to do it that away. I think what im gonna do is tie the wire from the meth kit into the sts harness like they say because I only wanna run boost when Im at 8 p.s.i. i don't wanna run it when im at 4 p.s.i. But, thanks for the help.

Jimmy