Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide band commander help

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wide band commander help

Installed a wide band commander and it doesn't work. Not sure what I could be doing wrong. I've tested the power lead and it has power at the connector. The gauge is lit and actually flicks from 12.5 to 18 and back periodically, so it seems to be getting some input other than the power for the light. The gauge doesn't have any gradual changes that seem to reflect actual afr, just the instantaneous flick. I don't have the extra stuff hooked up now, just the sensor, power and gauge. I'll worry about the options later.

One thing to note, the connection hub for the sensor wires is different inside the module that what is shown on the instructions. The wire inserts are on the top and the screws are on the side. Pics below of connection block on instructions and my module. Any thoughts appreciated.

Old 01-28-2007, 07:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Under the rear cover should be the wiring direction for the wideband part.
There is a 3 wire connector that has 1 red wire going to power and 2 ground wires.Make sure the grounds are in a good spot.
When you turn the power on you should see the wideband go to 14.7-1 and then gradually (4-8seconds) go to 18-1 A/F.Then start the car and see what it does.