Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercruiser BBC EFI in a car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 12:22 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Mercruiser BBC EFI in a car?

I've been planning on sticking a BBC in my car for a long time now. The major prohibiting factor has been money. After tons of back and forth decisions of EFI vs Carb I eventually gave up and couldn't see justifying the price of EFI right now. Then I came across a really good deal locally with a friend of mine who wants to sell his complete EFI system off of his Mercruiser BBC in his boat. The price is definetly right, so it got me thinking.

Would this work? I noticed just from looking at it that it's a very tall intake and would definetly require some major hacking of the cowl area, that can be done. What really got me thinking was of the PCM and what sort of controls it has. Would this function in a car. I plan to put this on a 454 with rectangle port heads, maybe a 468+ depending on $$$. Anyone have any ideas, thoughts or experience with Mercruiser EFI?

Thanks

PS: I also posted this in the SBC/BBC section. I figured it fit into both categories.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont know about the intake...or about the BBC. but i have been told that the sbc EFI is almost the same as a car.

...dont take my input as truth, i just heard it from a casual conversation with my boat mechanic
Old 02-01-2007, 03:53 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're right, I just found out in the other thread that they are the same as the ramjet 350 and 502, just a different intake.

Here's a link to the other thread, it has more details.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...84#post6364084