Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pressure

when i tuned my car for 30# injectors with hptuners i assumed fuel pressure was 58 psi but yesturday when i checked the pressure it was 65 psi. dose it matter should i load another tune with the correct pressure
Old 02-04-2007, 02:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know what they flow at the higher pressure, but I bet your fuel trimming is almost all negative...

just recal based on your new pressure numbers
Old 02-04-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pressure can go fro 65 down to maybe 50 odd. It changes over the range of manifold pressures. To know exactly what it is you need to get a fuel pressure gauge etc.
So unless you have read pressure over the entire engine load range, then dont bet that its going to be 65 across all pressure readings, because it likely wont.

Or don't worry about it and tune your VE based on your current IFR table, it will change shape to suit. Not ideal, but most people don't have FP gauges for logging anyway so in effect they are doing this already.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=ringram]Pressure can go fro 65 down to maybe 50 odd. It changes over the range of manifold pressures. To know exactly what it is you need to get a fuel pressure gauge etc.
So unless you have read pressure over the entire engine load range, then dont bet that its going to be 65 across all pressure readings, because it likely wont.

Or don't worry about it and tune your VE based on your current IFR table, it will change shape to suit. Not ideal, but most people don't have FP gauges for logging anyway so in effect they are doing this already.[/QUOT

i just checked the pressure with a guage at idle, but like you said i'm sure it dosent stay 65 across the board.i just did it because i was going to install a hot wire fuel pump kit and wanted to check pressure befor and after.
now about tuning VE and IFR i have no idea howto do it. i do have HPtuners but totaly suck at tunning. the only thing i know how to do is tune for injectors and even that took me a while. i have tried and tried to learn how to understand and tune my car but i just dont understand.