Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

switchable tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default switchable tune

I have been doing research on HP Tuner and EFi Live and have a question that seems to be unanswered.

Do either of them have a custom OS that allows real time 'switchable tunes'. Meaning I would like to have two (or three) different Cals that I can switch between real time (without a re-flash). I am going to have a 12.5:1 motor and will need a cal that I can limp around between tracks when I can't get good fuel. This is important because I am going to drive the One-Lap this year and I can't trailer the car, it needs to be driven between the events. I might also want a different tune to meet a specific HP number because of a class limitation on HP.

I know I can flash cals in to accomplish this with either tuner, but I would love a setup that I can switch without a reflash.

Any insight?

thanks,
Aaron
www.pfadtracing.com
aaron@pfadtracing.com

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Old 02-04-2007, 06:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LS1 pcm's can't support it from my understanding.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

You could have three PCMs, wired in parallel, each with a different flash in it, and prior to start-up, choose the one that will receive power when you key-on.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Since most knock sensitive engines are usually so at high load you could setup a COS5 Efilive tune to pull back timing and run a a tad bit richer which should be enough control to ease your mind. COS5 lets you run a spark retard table and VE multiplier table when a certain pin is grounded on the PCM and on top of that it has a few qualifiers that you can set so it only happens at times you want..

I used it saturday on the dyno to tune in a 408 w/ a 300 shot... It worked really nicely.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This may or may not be useful for you; read it through though, there is more info past the first post: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...9&page=1&pp=20
Old 02-05-2007, 03:13 AM
Staging Lane

EFILive has Custom Operating Systems for the LB7 and LLY Duramax which have switchable tunes. Nothing for the LSX style PCM though - don't think there is enough spare space in the PCM for the extra tables
Old 02-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Can you elaborate on your setup? If this is a NO2 app then COS #5 as mentioned before would be a good fit.

Quick Reply: switchable tune