i need help with trans am ram air 2000,asking about Diablo predator programmer

I have a Tran's am ram air 2000
It's a v8, 5.7 liters, ws.6
And I have a Diablo predator programmer
The car has the following parts:
A edelbrock short headers
Center pipe, borla back kit.
I want to know how to improve my car?
And how to improve the cars : tm abuse modetime, torque reduction management system and ,upshift torque
And what to do for the spark
And what else do you recommend to improve and increase the cars horse power by using the Diablo predator programmer.
please help me with this I really need any help i can get.
because I want to race a camaro ss and I still don’t know how to use the Diablo predator to improve my car , I just want to learn things from your experience
by the way if I raced a standard camaro ss with my trans am who will win?
please I really need this.
and i know none of us wants to see a camaro beats a trans am in a race
Old 02-05-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah im not really sure if this would be the best advice but ile tell you what i did with mine i played around with mine i added spark a few degrees at a time untill i got knock retard then backed it off untill i didnt get any knock retard i turned off torque managment added 10% more wot fuel i also made the shifts slightly quicker also the important thing is be carefull maxing out values it isnt necessarily the best thing to do as far as tuning in all honesty i made alot of the changes on a chassis dyno and made 13hp and 10ftlbs at the wheels buy adjusting the wot spark and wot fuel as far as the race with the ss it really all depends on the driver bein a 6spd and what mods he has you may be able to get him if you guys go from a dig if you guys go from a roll i can only make a few suggestions you better be in a gear where the transmission doesnt have to down shift because that cost you some valueable time if i go with a 6spd i like to go from a low roll like 10 to 15 mph or a dead stop but in all honesty a 6spd has alot more as far as top end with similar mods to yours he has an advantage due to drivetrain loss you bein an automatic now that bein said he has to shift which means unless he likes to ****** gears real hard he has clutch to shift gears and and shift more than you do and you pull even when shifting really if he is stock you may get him if hes modded most likey the only way you are gonnna win is if he makes mistakes or if he is a sub par driver
Old 02-05-2007, 12:57 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Moving to PCM Diagnostics & Tuning Forum (from Pontiac Firebird Forum)...
Old 02-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Teching In

thank you very much for the reply .
and my car is a stick shift not an automatic.
long live the brotherhood of the birds

Last edited by m-knight; 02-07-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by m-knight
i need help with trans am ram air 2000,asking about Diablo predator programmer

I have a Tran's am ram air 2000
It's a v8, 5.7 liters, ws.6
And I have a Diablo predator programmer
The car has the following parts:
A edelbrock short headers
Center pipe, borla back kit.
I want to know how to improve my car?
And how to improve the cars : tm abuse modetime, torque reduction management system and ,upshift torque
And what to do for the spark
And what else do you recommend to improve and increase the cars horse power by using the Diablo predator programmer.
please help me with this I really need any help i can get.
because I want to race a camaro ss and I still don’t know how to use the Diablo predator to improve my car , I just want to learn things from your experience
by the way if I raced a standard camaro ss with my trans am who will win?
please I really need this.
and i know none of us wants to see a camaro beats a trans am in a race
For any racing use, I would suggest turning all TM parameters off and use the real-time data to monitor your LTFTs and use the injector slope and WOT fuel parameters to zero them out.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Lightbulb diablosport tuner

Dude,just slp tune it ,then modify set-up and change any adjustments deemed necessary for your application. Only thing I did was that I did change my fuel mapping at 2-4 at 2% and 4-7 at 3% and went to diagnostics to preview what the car was doing and made adjustment to what my Trans Am wants. Its happy at a constant average of +1.5 fuel. SLP tune still ran too lean- +8.5/10.5.