Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Different PCM's same year

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Different PCM's same year

I have a 99 trans AM WS6, my buddy has a 99 Z28. His PCM on the case said DELPHI and mine said DELCO. Why would that be? Do you think they are any different? Is it possible because mine is a ws6? I have seen similarities with the tranny's. Both are 6 speeds yet one said borg-warner and one said tremec.

See my build and my NOOB status with EFILIVE. Thanks to Black02SS for V2. Great seller.

Winter 402 Build
Old 02-06-2007, 09:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're both interchangable.

Ryan
Old 02-06-2007, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Ok well here what i did tonight. I used EFILIVE to create a tun file from each PCM. Then i took the files and used the comparison tool. Upon trying to compare the two tunes it would not Allow it because they were of different Operating systems. So do any of you have an explanation for that? What if i was trying to make the tunes the same?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The EFI live compare function only compares ones with the same operating system.

I actually took both of these pcm's apart today, and the one uses a different screws inside due to the other case.

Both pcm's I put the exact same bin file onto the flash chip, and they will both work fine.

The one that I have with the delco wording on it, is from an older 99 camaro ss, where the other pcm is from a later car. You could flash the car to the same files, but you will have to do a write entire.

Ryan
Old 02-07-2007, 07:48 AM
On The Tree

Cool thats what ill do, so all i have to do is change the vin and make and model info to match the vehicle and thats it?