Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 corvette Throttle position sensor help

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C5 corvette Throttle position sensor help

have a completely custom C5 engine and transmission control harness and ECM.

The C5 drive by wire throttle position sensor is actually 2 sensors one from 0-5 volts and the other 5-0 volts.

Does anyone know if you unhook the sensor 2 wires should you still see TPS signal.

Maybe someone can do a test for me....They will need HPtuners or EFI live...this will not harm the wiring or computer.

At the TPS connector on the throttle body remove wires D,E,F which are Yellow with black strip, White, Pink. These control the internal #2 sensor.

Once they are removed hook up the scanner and turn the key on .....I am looking to see if you still get a TPS 0-100% signal. You will need to push the gas pedal to see if the TPS value changes in you scanner.

If no signal...start the car and do the same.....

I know this is a pain but maybe someone in the middle of a project could do this for me....it would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks.......oh please do not quote any GM service Manual info....I have the manual.......I need real live testing

THANKS Tom
Old 02-11-2007, 04:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Naw man if you unplug your TPS is isnt going to show anything...you'll just throw a code...??
Old 02-11-2007, 07:14 AM
On The Tree

not asking you to unplug the TPS. The C5 TPS has 6 wires.....3 for each component of the sensors 1 and 2.....I want you to disconnect the above mentioned wires from the TPS connector....this means the connector will still be plugged into the sensor but will only have sensor #1 connected....if you dont understand how the C5 TPS / drive by wire works...this post looks like jiberish.....

Thanks Tom
Old 02-11-2007, 09:34 AM
9 Second Club/LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't disconnect 3 of the wires from that connector. It uses pull to seat terminals. The only way to remove them is to depress the tang, push the terminal out the front of the connector, cut the terminal off, and then pull the wire out the back of the connector.
Removing wires from pull to seat connectors requires having new terminals to crimp onto the wires to put it back together.

91 Z28 LS2 408CI, LS9 Supercharger, LPE GT7 cam, Yank3000, 3450 raceweight.
Latest numbers: 9.71 ET, 141.42 MPH, 1.40 60' , 610 RWHP Mustang Dyno

www.speartech.com
Old 02-11-2007, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Yes...your right........not like the push in from rear GM connectors......well if someone is in the process of putting on a new plug could they try it without the wires mentioned hooked up...

Speartech....do you know if I should still get a TPS signal with #2 sensor unhooked..

Here is why I ask....all codes and other problems aside......

I converted the drive by wire system to a cable system...so I have the old style TPS / throttle body.....I have Bigstuff3 running the engine.

I want to run the transmission off of the Stock computer.....so I am trying to get the TPS signal to the stock ECM....using #1 sensor input to the TAC unit.....I have managed to get every other signal I need to run the transmission..

QUESTION: The transmission shifts without the TPS hooked up.....but in HPTuners there are tables referencing TPS %......so I assume it needs to see signal to help with the shifting process..

Tom

Quick Reply: C5 corvette Throttle position sensor help