Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wideband question

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wideband question

I've seen a lot of discussion on the use of widebands to get your tune right on.

1. What brands are the most popular for low cost/ accuracy, and where are you guys getting them?
2. What is a good price range?
3. What features do I look for?
4. If using them for tuning different cars, how are these hooked up? Does it use the "sniffer method like the dynos, or do you have to install in place of a O2 sensor?
Thanks
Old 02-16-2007, 08:04 AM
TECH Addict

Wink

Originally Posted by BOTTLE ROCKET
I've seen a lot of discussion on the use of widebands to get your tune right on.

1. What brands are the most popular for low cost/ accuracy, and where are you guys getting them?
2. What is a good price range?
3. What features do I look for?
4. If using them for tuning different cars, how are these hooked up? Does it use the "sniffer method like the dynos, or do you have to install in place of a O2 sensor?
Thanks
CLICK HERE for a VERY nice unit that requires NO calibration (at least not on my car and others with the same one). I just installed one on my SS. Works very well, and supports different types of tuning devices so you can log the AF as your drive around...
The hardest part obviously was drilling a hole in the exhaust and welding..but if you have a drill with some ***** to it with the right sized bit, and a welder (i used an arc) its cake...then wire and enjoy...

It uses its own 02 sensor you actually screw into the supplied bung which you weld onto the pipes under the car about 10* up from the 9 or 3 o clock position...

If you have TD's, just mount it on the driver side bank 8-15 inches back from the collector the the header, thats where mine is, works fine..

Good luck
Old 02-16-2007, 08:06 AM
TECH Addict

ps---many sponsors carry them--------------------->