Sponsored by:

LC-1 Problems HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Shu
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LC-1 Problems HELP!

I'm wiring my LC-1 to use without an EIO (running to the PCM through the rear O2). I'm getting 12+ volts and all my wiring it solid. When I put power to the WB it will begin to warm up (looking at the % through logworks) getting to ~50% and then error 2 will start to flicker in and out, sometimes showing error 9 as well. Needless to say, the sensor can never finish its warmup/calibration. Its almost like the power is cutting in and out, but the wiring is fine (re-done 3 times). I dont know what else to try. Thoughts?
Old 03-11-2007, 12:27 PM
FormerVendor

It could be a bad heater in the sensor. My guess would be wiring, where did you tag power for the lc1?
Old 03-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Shu
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jake@EPP
It could be a bad heater in the sensor. My guess would be wiring, where did you tag power for the lc1?
through the plug for the rear O2 so I can easily remove the LC-1 from the car. I measured 12+ volts at the plug
Old 03-11-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Shu
through the plug for the rear O2 so I can easily remove the LC-1 from the car. I measured 12+ volts at the plug
I am not expert but will toss out something I read on the HPT forum some time back.

Someone stated that the GTO O2 sensors were not powered constantly??? As I said not an expert here. But to rule that out, I would simply run a temp power supply wire from the batt and see if that solves your problem.

I installed a small aux fuse panel that is powered from the smokers package unused plug behind the front portion of the pedestal. from here I branched out to power my dual LC-1's, Alky, and Nexus gauges.....Just my .02
Old 03-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Shu
On The Tree

Originally Posted by b727pic
I am not expert but will toss out something I read on the HPT forum some time back.

Someone stated that the GTO O2 sensors were not powered constantly??? As I said not an expert here. But to rule that out, I would simply run a temp power supply wire from the batt and see if that solves your problem.

I installed a small aux fuse panel that is powered from the smokers package unused plug behind the front portion of the pedestal. from here I branched out to power my dual LC-1's, Alky, and Nexus gauges.....Just my .02
I'll give it a shot, thanks for the reply.