Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dtc 1336 - Wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dtc 1336 - Wtf?

Search is down right now (as usual when I need help... ) but today thie light lit up. Scanned it and its 1336, Crankshaft variation Position not learned. Now I did a little searching over the web and found some bits of info here and there that this code will set after fairly major changes. I've been driving on this PCM now for a few months and haven't changed anything else. Why would this code be thrown now? Do I really need to pay GM to attempt to take care of this? Its a swapped car so that might be a *real* PITA and I'm broke anyway. Anyway for me to fix it myself?

Thanks guys.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if the pcm loses power with the ignition on, or a problem with the crank sensor can be causes. any scan tool with crank learn can reset it (hi end scanner).
if it was just a glitch it will clear its self after 3 drive cycles.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Regular

Anyone in the bay area have the ability to help me out with this? I don't want to take it in to the stealership.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:02 PM
12 Second Club

take it to the dealership and get a crank relearn. tell the tech that you will pay him on the side cause it takes about 5 min or less thats what i did this morning. i was told that you need a tech 2