PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Open loop at all times????

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007 | 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Default Open loop at all times????

Alrighty guys, gotta quick question for you.....

Me and BES Stroked Nova on here just finished up the install of my Torquer V2 and supporting mods, and let me tell you, I already love it!

Only issue I have, is it will be about another week before I have the cash flow to have the car tuned. upon initial startup, and any cold/semi-cold start after that, the car starts up and runs awesome. Has good throttle response, driveablilty, and everything. But as soon as the car goes into closed loop, it has a hard time finding the idle on the startup, and stumbles every once in a while in lower RPM's.

So, dumb, redneck part of the brain sez "Hey, for the time being, wouldn't leaving this thing in open loops make it run better, and make it easier to drive???"

So there's my question, is there a way to leave my car permanently in open loop until I have it tuned, and if so, how do I do it? I'm not sure there's any adverse effects to doing this, but I'm not sure. All I know is the car runs a hell of alot better in open loop.....

Thanks!

-Ian
Old 04-29-2007 | 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Hmm, Can you get some logs posted? Where are you located? The tune should run better when in closed loop, due to the fact the pcm is fixing fuel and idle trims ect... But if it isnt, it could be from bad o2 sensors, Dirty Maf/bad Maf, Incorrect calibration settings ect..
Old 05-01-2007 | 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Wait, ****. I MAY have open/closed loop backwards. Either way, whatever the car does when it first starts, It pretty much needs to do that all the time. Hmmm.

Countdown to tune: 9 days