Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about predator

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question about predator

i just bought a predator from a friend -- i have a 2001 z06... and the preadator is the u7193 ( for the 2004 vette) --i was told it will be ok to use. the car is mostly stock- just a intake and catback. so i installed the tune and i filled up my gas tank and drove for a week to see the difference in fuel economy.. i drove the car regular -- did not beat on it..-- i did the math last night and i was getting 11.1mpg...before i installed the tune- the was getting 17-18 in the city at least... and twenty something on the highway.. --

so i just filled her up again and was looking at the LTFT values-- and they were both at like 8-9 % positive...... then made some WOT pulls -- and i was getting knock retard at after 5500 and up... and it was pulling like 2.3degrees out.

so i put the factory tune back into it-- and i still have knock - and its taking like 3.5 degress out... at the higher RPM...-- ihave not driven it long enough to get LTFT readings yet..

so do i just need the right model part number predator?
or can i just modify the one i got?
Old 05-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Launching!

someone.? anyone?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

It sounds like you need to get a custome tune for it. Neither the tune you started with nor the canned Predator tune are what you need by the sounds of it. You can contact a Predator dealer and get a tune through them for a price.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

actually, the Predator model for your year vehicle is the U7198.

I wouldn't trust using the wrong programmer... parameters/settings in the PCM could very well be different since you have a car that is 3 years older than what that Predator was made for. This could be why your mileage dropped so dramatically...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 05-07-2007 at 08:35 AM.