Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 PCM problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 PCM problem

Just got my motor together and got a tune from PCM for less, its sat. at 7 oclock and i cant call any one and im trying to get this thing to run right. I am getting a "Interp: cksum err" has anyone heard of this? What could be wrong. Before i did not get that error. I did relocate the computer. Maybe something is not tight?
Old 05-13-2007, 11:07 AM
FormerVendor

What is giving you the error message?
Old 05-13-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Regular

PCMCOMM.exe is what i was using to view in realtime. I really need some advice with this.. maybe the computer needs to be changed?
Old 05-13-2007, 02:59 PM
FormerVendor

Hard to say, since I didn't write PCMCOMM. Each packet transmitted from the PCM contains a checksum, and maybe PCMCOMM is detecting checksum errors. It could be a bad ground or a wiring issue between the diagnostic connector and the PCM. Or it might be a problem with your data cable. Sorry, I wish I could provide better details.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

And also it says Comm Err: -10 something to that effect.. when i connect to the computer it doesnt say that but when i turn the key to on, it comes up with errors.. then when i open the throttle blades sometimes it throws an error. i verified all the plugs were giving the correct voltage all sensors are reading correctly.. the only thing i can think of is the computer got fudged up sitting in my tool box? I even went as far as reflashing the old tune and it did the same thing... im lost now and its VERY AGGRIVATING..
Old 05-13-2007, 03:05 PM
FormerVendor

I do have a cable tester app that might help us track this down. If you want to try it, send me email at vince@trifectaperformance.com, and I'll send you a link and instructions.