PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Voltage towards Cam Positioning Sensor.....Disable?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Voltage towards Cam Positioning Sensor.....Disable?

Well, ive been tryign to figure out why hp tuners is telling me that i have low voltage for my cam positioning sensor and i decided to check the voltage on it and theres no power goign towards it. I was wondering.... since its going to be a bitch to find where the wire is pinched or gone wrong through all those wire looms can i just disable the code??? The car idles and runs and doesnt seem to bad (also...i just installed a fresh forge motor in yesterday).
Old 05-20-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CAM sensor is one sensor you don't want to just disable the SES ... it should be simple to find (worst case run a new wire if you don't want to find the problem)
Old 05-21-2007, 09:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

found the problem, one of the other sensor wasnt connected for it didnt close the circuit causing it not to power the sensors. I connected that sensor and now the cam sensor works. But now the car runs like crap!!!!! before with the sensor off and check engine light on, the motor ran fine, now with the sensor on and check engine light off...the can runs horrible!!!! whats the deal?!?!??!?!