Sponsored by:

Need Some Help on OBDI DTC

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 03:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need Some Help on OBDI DTC

Code 029 EAS Electrical Fault

WTF does this mean. Code was cleared and came back within 1 mile of driving. Code randomly showed up over the past weekend, car does not seem to run bad.

Anyone know what this code means??

Any Help is MUCH appreciated!
Old 05-21-2007, 03:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The LT1 That Could
Code 029 EAS Electrical Fault

WTF does this mean. Code was cleared and came back within 1 mile of driving. Code randomly showed up over the past weekend, car does not seem to run bad.

Anyone know what this code means??

Any Help is MUCH appreciated!
I don't know what scanner you are using. But according to the GM reference, that code means:

29 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) pump circuit

And in that case, it has to do with the emissions on the car. Have you had it tuned for the mods you have, and have you had the extra stuff deleted yet?

More specifically it has to do with the air pump. The computer isnt checking to make sure it is working, just testing the circuit. In this case, the circuit is open. Have you checked your fuse, if you still have a air pump. If you have removed the air pump, you need to get it tuned.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

Actually, Brady removed it for me when he did the LTs...Dunno is he deleted it out or not, but its weird that the code would just now show up. LTs/TDs have been on the car for months now....wtf...LT1 blues

scanner used was a Snap-On, not sure what model.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The LT1 That Could
Actually, Brady removed it for me when he did the LTs...Dunno is he deleted it out or not, but its weird that the code would just now show up. LTs/TDs have been on the car for months now....wtf...LT1 blues

scanner used was a Snap-On, not sure what model.

I remember Brady doing the install. I just checked with him and he didn't tune that out when he did the headers. So you can either try and deal with the light being on, as the code wont effect the car at all, or have it tuned. Brady has the stuff to tune it and would do it for a crazy cheap price, among deleting other minor things. Get ahold of him next time you're in town if you want.

Take care
Old 05-21-2007, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

You know what Joe...I think Brady did tune it out, buuuuuuut my dumbass overwrote his tune! I did a 160* Stat the other day, and used my Hypercrap to retune cooling fans....and that's about the time she started throwing a code.

Looks like I'll be in A-Town for a retune pretty soon. Brady only has the ability to tune the car if its there right?? I can't just mail him my PCM.

I'll hit him up after he gets off work, and try and plan a trip up there in a few weekends, and bring 2 bottles...the big ones!