Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newb question

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newb question

I just got Hp Tuners a little while ago and I am wondering where to start. I've been doing some reading and it seems like most people start with tuning LTFT's. If that is the case, how would I go about doing so? If this is not what I should start with, what do I start with?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would start by learning the scanner & making small easy changed like fan temps turn on/off, tq management,etc and learning your way around the editor/scanner before you do any major fuel tuning. Then just read as much as you can as most people will recommend a wideband for the most part of your fuel tuning.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

here's a tutorial I typed up for Diablosport regarding ltft's, tuning to adjust them, etc etc... again, I'm using a Predator and not HPT, but the info should be good to know nonetheless. Hope it helps a little...

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=917

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 06-11-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got efilive last week and I agree with what foff667 said try to learn the program as much as you can first. I just ordered a wideband yesterday and then I might start doing some auto ve tuning. Soo b4 you do any changes other then the small stuff like fan/cags/air delete I would get a wideband.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

I already have access to a wideband, and a decent understanding of how the programs work. Yesterday I started to log some data and that stuff....but when I went to open it today the data that I had logged in the histograms wouldnt load. Do you have any idea why this might be happening? Is there any chance that I am logging my info the wrong way?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1HOTZ
I already have access to a wideband, and a decent understanding of how the programs work. Yesterday I started to log some data and that stuff....but when I went to open it today the data that I had logged in the histograms wouldnt load. Do you have any idea why this might be happening? Is there any chance that I am logging my info the wrong way?
I've had several problems with open log files, none which are attributed to bad log files. I've found the issue mostly occurs when VMC Editor is open with a tune. I've also had problems using the 'Open' Icon, this is the same for configs and Tune Files.

Hey HPT, if ya'll need a software tester let me know... I've seen several bugs throughout the program. Overall, Love the software and awesome work!!!