Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 edit...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 edit...

I recently purchased LS1 edit from a member here, sent it to Carputing for updating, and now my mechanic is trying to put it on my car (99 Camaro SS). The only mod I have is a 3.73 gear...so my speedo and tach are off.

My mechanic called yesterday and said that he's getting a "Communication Error" on the computer. He said he hooked everything up, created a new file, but can't go any further. :wtf:

When I sent the module back to carputing to get a new license, I don't remember them asking for my VIN#. Does that need to be installed on the module itself b/f I can do anything to the car? :think:

Please...someone help....
Old 06-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Teching In

I've been to their website and sent two emails to them and haven't heard anything back...since there is no phone number to call, I'm kind of stranded.

Anyone have a phone number to these people!?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Teching In

to the top
Old 06-15-2007, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do not need to supply a VIN to carputing. When the cable connects (successfully) to the PCM for the 1st time, it will then marry itself to the VIN of that car.

If your getting a comminucations error, there is a problem with your cable or port. If it was a license error, it would say so.

Is your cable a serial interface? If so, your best to use a real serial port on the PC or laptop. If your laptop doesnt have a serial port, use a different PC or a PCMCIA serial adaptr...the USB /serial devices dont work all that well. Trust me, ive been there myself.

Also, be sure to select the correct COM port in edit, if using an adapter it might be COM5 or COM6, verify it in device manager.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Michael02hawk
You do not need to supply a VIN to carputing. When the cable connects (successfully) to the PCM for the 1st time, it will then marry itself to the VIN of that car.

If your getting a comminucations error, there is a problem with your cable or port. If it was a license error, it would say so.

Is your cable a serial interface? If so, your best to use a real serial port on the PC or laptop. If your laptop doesnt have a serial port, use a different PC or a PCMCIA serial adaptr...the USB /serial devices dont work all that well. Trust me, ive been there myself.

Also, be sure to select the correct COM port in edit, if using an adapter it might be COM5 or COM6, verify it in device manager.
Thank you! I will have my mechanic try this stuff out...I really do appreciate some input...as I have been without a car for about 5 days now.