PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using a Predator after an LS1 Edit tune?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Using a Predator after an LS1 Edit tune?

I have a custom tune from LS1 Edit, my fans don't seem to be coming on soon enough.

Can I change the fans with the Predator without messing up my tune?

The Predator came with my car & I've never messed with it, so I want to be real cautious.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

According to their instruction manual, they warn you not to use the handheld on any car that doesn't have the factory tune in it. So, I'd say no. You can use it for the live data and the DTC clearing. But, changing any parameters in the tune....I wouldn't.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This can be done guys.
Use the Predators 'factory hp' tune, and make the changes to the fan only.
Reinstall the tune, and it will write the factory (or whatever it saved as a backup) tune with whatever changes you made in the adjustable parameters.
Another option is to save the backup file with the Predator, export it to your PC, then send it back to the Predator as a custom tune, and make changes to that tune.
Either way, you can always go back to the tune that you started with by selecting install 'factory tune'.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
This can be done guys.
Use the Predators 'factory hp' tune, and make the changes to the fan only.
Reinstall the tune, and it will write the factory (or whatever it saved as a backup) tune with whatever changes you made in the adjustable parameters.
Another option is to save the backup file with the Predator, export it to your PC, then send it back to the Predator as a custom tune, and make changes to that tune.
Either way, you can always go back to the tune that you started with by selecting install 'factory tune'.

Thanks, I still don't think I am going to mess with it, my luck I will end up deleting my dyno tune.