Sponsored by:

TPS Sensor Voltage? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TPS Sensor Voltage? HELP!

Hey guys,

I just got a new TPS sensor and now I am trying to figure out how to test the voltage and adjust it correctly. I tested the blue wire with the connector unplugged and it seemed to be .4 volts.. I have another thread going about all the issues I have been having:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/728141-wtf-wrong-my-stupid-car.html

Can someone explain how to test this voltage? My car is running like *** and I need to figure out why so that I can get back to the track... I just did the full seafoam thing, and i replaced the fuel filter, 02 sensor on the drivers side (it was melted) and all of my plugs and wires. I dont know what else to do...

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To check the voltage, leave the connector plugged into the TPS. Turn the ignition to the run position without starting the engine. Stick the red multimeter probe into the back of the connector at the blue wire. I had to insert almost the whole probe and move it around a little before it read the correct voltage.

Ground the black probe to the chassis. The multimeter should now read somewhere around 0.6 volts.

If it reads any lower, adjust the idle set screw.

Once the screw is adjusted, you will need to reset the TPS by completing the following:

- disconnect TPS
- turn ignition on without starting the engine
- wait 30 seconds
- turn ignition off
- reconnect TPS
- start car

Quick Reply: TPS Sensor Voltage? HELP!